Dark Horse 2013

Dark Horse 2013

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Avenues of Climbing

So for the past few weeks I've just been enjoying the sport of climbing. I've been climbing a lot of moderately easy problems and then projecting some v8's and v9's. I've just been enjoying to climb! I have been going outdoors and doing a lot of v3's and v4's. Just whatever looks fun. I've also been focusing a lot on my technique. Every easy problem I get on I have been doing very slow and controlled. Even in the gym, I've been going and just doing easy problems and trying to better understand how my body should move. It's been a great learning experience and I really owe it to my good friend Sydney for making me realize that my technique totally blows.

This past summer was great. I worked and climbed with Syd and it was just a really, really fun time. I got back into ropes (somewhat) and learned how to actually toe hook. I'm really excited for the fall season to come!

I've also been exploring "new avenues" of climbing....such as chair bouldering! I have not been able to "send" the folding chair problem until yesterday. I'm happy my ascent was caught on video...but I cannot upload it. So find it on my facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment