Dark Horse 2013

Dark Horse 2013

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lincoln Woods...In the dark?!



Nick Steinwachs
So last Wednesday I was in school, looking out the windows, longing for freedom. When I walked into school around 7 am, the weather was brisk and there were clouds in the sky. Well when school FINALLY ended, the sun was out and it was a nice 70 degree temperature!

Now Wednesdays are a good day. Its the day in between coaching at CRG and its also my day to play on the rocks after school. So school ended, 70 degrees and I carefully pull out of the school parking lot (which is very hard to do when 900 kids are trying to leave at the same time).

At last! Nice rock...as nice as lincoln woods can be anyway. The weather made the rock slightly less greasy which led us to project at the try again boulder. After getting on my project Loadies Zen, then having my hand slip and hit me in the face, I decided to take some photos. By this time the sun was setting and it was past the optimal time for pictures. Let me just say, that time of evening is the best time to experiment! I never use a flash but for this circumstance it sufficed.

The dark and light contrast came out better than I expected and made me want to share my photos with you!
So take a look and comment!

And finally, if you are going to climb in Lincoln Woods after dark: bring headlamps, don't go alone, and ignore the creepy teddy bear that is just chillen in the middle of the road.
Josh Zayas
Steve Wong- Loadies Zen
Nick Steinwachs

Nick Steinwachs on Loadies Zen
Steve Wong on Loadies Zen

1 comment:

  1. haha. one of them pics you can't even see me in it :). good blogs!

    ReplyDelete